Monday, April 28, 2008

I've been tagged!

I've been tagged by Akasha, and it is now my solemn duty to provide Six Random Facts about myself. No, really. Solemn. And random. Solemnly random. (Okay, who am I kidding?)


Random Fact One. I visit CuteOverload.com everyday. What can I say, I'm a sucker for cute furry animals. And sometimes not furry, as is evidenced by the fact that a one of my favorite cute animal is Ms. Glubber, the leopard gecko who lives on the bookcase in the living room.

Random Fact Two. I am the proud owner of a fairly large collection of Strong Bad tchotchkes and apparel, including figurines, a plush Kick The Cheat, and assorted shirts, hoodies, coasters, key rings, and even DVDs.

Random Fact Three. On two completely different occasions in my life I have been lifted from ground by weather effects and carried through the air.

In the first case, I was sucked up by a descending funnel cloud as I ran down a Missouri road in the middle of nowhere looking for shelter. Sadly, no one was filming as I continued running in mid-air, so I have no evidence of my Scooby-and-Shaggy-esque leg windmilling. Fortunately, the incipient tornado set me back down mid-stride and I continued running without further incident.

The second time, I chose, unwisely, to visit an Oregon beach at night during a wind storm. I thought it would be cool, and besides, I had a raincoat on. The coat may, in fact, have contribute to my lift as the wind caught me from behind and bounced me (I later determined) one hundred yards up the beach. I am grateful the wind was blowing parallel with the coastline, rather than, say, out to sea. The next day, I learned that winds had gusted up to 110 miles per hour, or 165 kph in sensible measuring system.

Random Fact Four I have been offered popcorn by Arnold Schwarzennegar, bought ice cream with Danny Glover at the Fountain Square Baskin-Robbins in Cincinnati, and had David Bowie beg me for a cigarette. Sorry, Dave, but I don't smoke.

Random Fact Five. I was once turned away at the border while trying to visit Tijuana from San Diego because of inadequate personal identification. I had a driver's license, credit and insurance cards with my name on them, and even a business card with my picture on it. Not good enough. A young man ahead of me got through with an expired student I.D.

Random Fact Six. I have a shameless love of rice puffs. (See, solemn.)

Now I have to tag six people, and then post the Rules. Because them's the rules.

So I hearby tag:
Julia
Dusty
Kelli
Brett
Rob
Chris

The rules are as follows:

Link to the person that tagged you - ie me.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write six random things about yourself in a blog post.
Tag six people.
Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their post.
Let the tagger know when your entry is posted.

Good Luck!
 

7 comments:

Kelli Stanley said...

OK, Tagger Buddy, I posted. I'm off to tag six more victims. :)

Does this earn us dispensation from the Church of Cameron? And is it the Church of THE Cameron? I'm never sure if the article should be in there ... ;)

xoxo,

Kelli

Akasha Savage. said...

Bill you crack me up! I keep getting visions of your wind-lifting experiences, and start giggling inanely!

Do you really truly have a leopard gecko? I love reptiles of every description.I had a beautiful chinese water dragon called Oscar, but he died around about Christmas time. I was sooooo upset. :(

PS. I'm on the very last chapter of CS and am ekeing it out.

Bill Cameron said...

I do have a leopard gecko. That picture of is Ms. Glubber, a member of the family. That was when she was young, about 6 months old. She's about 2-1/2 now.

I'm very sorry to hear about Oscar. It's so hard when our little friends die. Are you considering a new one?

And I pleased to hear about CS. I hope it's a good kind of eking!

Akasha Savage. said...

I would love another little lizard friend...but I must admit I always feel a bit cruel keeping things in captivity, although I have a massive tank and did use to let Oscar out quite abit...so I'm thinking about it.

Yes, it is a good sort of eking...I'll be reading the last few pages this evening. I've left Skin talking to Celia about the killings...

Cindy Fey said...

You made up those wind stories, didn't you? And the celebrity meetings, right? And I find it pretty hard to believe you like rice puffs, too. Fess up.

Bill Cameron said...

The rice puffs are a stretch, I admit, but everything else is totally true.

Arnold was in the Cincinnati airport. About 1988. Danny was about that time too. He was in Cincinnati filming A Rage in Harlem, as I recall. Bowie was earlier. I'd accidentally found myself at a part in one of the downtown Cincy hotels after going to see him concert, and it turned out to be a party for him.

And the wind things. Yes, I am that dumb.

Susan Bearman said...

Hi. You tagged Julia, who tagged Cindy Fey, who tagged me. I thought it would be fun to go backwards to see previous "six random things". Here's a strange coincidence: we own a pet store in Lincolnwood, IL (we're big in reptiles, see The Animal Store); our store is frequently tapped by the Chicago movie industry to provide pets and pet-related objects. John Hughes' people used to come in all the time. Pets and movies must go together. Here's my tag response.