Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Failure of the Persistence of Memory


Back in 2002 I participated in a group project online to create a mosaic image. It was described thusly:

35 artists from an online community collaborated to create a mosaic of graphic tiles to benefit United Cerebral Palsy. Each tile was created knowing only a thin border of the neighboring tile - see how the final artwork blends together to form a unified statement of art and expression.


The project was a lot of fun, raised some money for UCP, and left each participant with a little piece of art. A framed print of the mosaic hangs on my wall.

I was tooling around my hard drive and stumbled across the art files and thought I'd share. My own piece is a visual representation of a poem I'd written called "The Failure of the Persistence of Memory." If you like, you can read the text version of the poem here.

A second mosaic was done by many of the same folks the following year, and I will post my tile for that one tomorrow.

3 comments:

angie said...

Very cool!

Duplo said...

I can't believe this was five years ago! I was pretty excited about this project at the time.

Bill Cameron said...

Thanks, Angie!

Yeah, it was pretty exciting and fun. The print is amazingly cool!