
April 1 marks the official release of Lost Dog, though I saw an actual copy in an actual bookstore yesterday, and I know folks have been receiving copies from Amazon and Powells.com.
We often talk of how writing is a solitary activity, but no one gets to a point like this in their lives without the help and support of others. So I'd like to take a moment to name names, if I may, and to offer a great big thank you.
First, there is agent extraordinaire Janet Reid. She's the first person outside my friends and family to believe in Lost Dog, and without her help and guidance it would still be just a manuscript. Thank you, Janet!
Then there are the folks at Midnight Ink. Barbara Moore believed too. Lisa Novak created the gorgeous cover. Karl Anderson's editorial touch made Lost Dog better and was just great to work with. Brian Farrey noted my ruddiness and worked hard get Lost Dog noticed in the world. I know there are many others at MI whose efforts went into making this real. Thank you all!
I also want to mention my writing critique group, a fine group of fellow writers who meet a couple times a month to discuss work-in-progress. Without these folks, I never could have finished Lost Dog. Thank you, Candace Clark, Andy Fort, Corissa Neufeldt, Claudia Werner, and Yung Yu-Ma.
I also want to thank my friends at the Killer Year. This is an amazing collection of writers. It's both humbling and exciting to be included among them: Brett Battles, J.T. Ellison, Jason Pinter, Robert Gregory Browne, Toni McGee Causey, Sean Chercover, Patry Francis, Marc Lecard, Derek Nikitas, Gregg Olsen, Marcus Sakey, and Dave White. I also want to thank Sandra Ruttan for her support and for sharing her knowledge of the mystery landscape. Thank you as well to Julia Buckley and Alafair Burke for reading and blurbing Lost Dog.
Thank you also to the fine ladies of Arizona, M.G. Tarquini and Angie Johnson-Schmit. Can't wait till May!
And of course there is my Killer Year mentor, the wonderful Anne Frasier. I can't tell you how much the support of a writer of Anne's caliber means to me. I am humbled and deeply grateful for all she's done.
Allow me to end with Lost Dog's dedication:
To my J's, Justin, Jessica, and Jill
(and I can't leave out Jasmine and
the non-J's, Nene and Mr. Glubber)
Thank you, everyone.
9 comments:
Bill, I bought your book yesterday at Seattle Mystery Bookshop. They'll ship it to me after your event. I told them I wanted you to sign something personal and witty. Start thinking. Congrats!
Gregg
www.greggolsen.com
Awww, yer such a sweet nasty crime fic writer dude...
Happy book release!
Oh, and there's no "d" in the Schmit part of my last name. Blame my hubby for making it complicated. I do.
yes, happy book release! what a great way to put it.
i wish you all the best, bill. you're a wonderful writer. now get your butt to minnesota and once upon a crime!
Bill,
Best of luck with new book. I hope this is the start of a long and successful career.
Gregg, I'm on it, buddy!
Angie, you brought a tear to my eye with "sweet nasty crime fic writer dude." Sorry about the D -- I'll fix that.
Anne, you know I'd love to get my butt to MN. I'll figure it out somehow.
And thank you for stopping by, Kev, and for your kind thoughts. I appreciate them greatly!
Congratulations!!! You just sold out the Philadelphia Borders.
I expect them to put in even a bigger order now. ;)
Hey, cool! Thank you, Jason!
Oh my GOD I'm SO Excited! Congrats, Bill! You ROCK!
I'm ALWAYS late to the party. Doesn't make the congratulations any less heartfelt.
Post a Comment