Sometimes I don't blog because I started to blog but came to my senses. I have a number of "Save as Draft" entries that haven't seen the light of day, and for good reason. You're gonna thank me for this.
For example, I had a post half-written about Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart," a song I find so brilliant and weird I sometimes listen to it on my iPod 50 times in a row. The video is even more brilliant and weird, featuring as it does certain literal interpretations of the lyrics and rampant, unselfconscious melodrama. What's not to love? Still, I never finished the blog entry. Oh well. But the glowing eyes thing? It rocks.
I also started a long, smoldering entry about spam. Everyone talks about spam, and no one ever says anything nice about it, unless they're talking about Spam®, the Hormel potted meat product. Which gets lotsa luvin' on the internets. No, my spam entry was about the utterly hated email spam, which Sandra talked about recently, and which everyone who blogs seems to get around to eventually. You know a few years ago, Bill Gates said we'd have this whole spam thing licked by the end of 2006. Well, Bill, you got two weeks yet, but right now, depending on the news report either 91% or 97% of all email traffic is spam. I'm not hopeful.
Then there's the blog entry that died on the vine about people with those bluetooth hands-free ear jack thingies for their cellphones. It wasn't an objection to the objects themselves, but to the fact that people just wear them all the time, as if they were a hat or something, except for ears. But, you know. Who cares? I mean, what a dumb thing to almost blog about. Except, what's with people with those bluetooth hands-free ear phones just jacked into their ears twenty-four/seven? That's what I want to know.
Also started then forgotten was the post about the disturbing Stadium Pal, and its even more frightening sibling, the Stadium Gal. For people just too busy to get up and go find a toilet when they have to pee, or, as the slogan says, "For when you gotta go, but you want to stay." The slogan neglects to add that you get to stay with a sack of urine taped to your calf. (Mmmm, sex-ay!) Needless to say, this is a ready topic for blogistry, but somehow I came to my senses at the last minute.
Since I keep starting and not finishing blogs, I feel that in the end, I have but one choice, and that is to leave it to Mindy to pick up my blog slack. Thanks, dear!
3 comments:
I love Total Eclipse of the Heart also. And you've given me a grand idea that I can...um, steal. I'm going to subject my readers to my favorite videos from my Pat Benetar days, disguised as blog posts. Nobody will be the wiser and I'm relieved of the burden of finding periodic, witty, and somewhat intelligent things to say.
Then, Bill, you and I can link to each other incessantly, sending blogger into a spiral from which it cannot recover, that will likely get our asses dragged before the House Committee on Unamerican Activities.
Holy Smoke! I think I just came up with a hook I can send Miss Snark!
oh god. you've started a horrible chain reaction. there will be a price, mr. Bill - hey! you're Mr. Bill! Oh, Noooo! (bet you never heard that one before - not in your whole life!)
Oh noooooooooo!
I mean, ahem, I have never heard that one before. To what dost thou refer, Angie? (Did I just say "dost thou"?)
And, Mindy, I am totally down with this plan!
Post a Comment