...and in this dream, someone is fixing me a sandwich.
Wait, that's not it.
No, it's a waking dream. It's a hope. It's a goal.
I wanna finish my rough draft before BoucherCon. Oy.
I am a slow writer. I make steady progress, but it's creeping progress. I have about 20,000 words to go to reach the end, and I think that's something like a month to 6-weeks worth of writing for me. Certainly not two weeks worth.
But I'm going to try anyway. I'm going to use the "oh, lord, this sucks but who cares" method of writing to bull through to the end. Pick up the pieces after. I actually wrote a chapter that way over the weekend, and while I think the writing is horrible, the bones are there. I actually feel like I can go on to the next chapter and come back later for the Nip and Tuck treatment to make it readable. 3,000 words in two days.
So I'm going to try that with the next 20,000 or so. With the work week upon me, I probably can't hit 1,500 words a day every day, but hopefully I can get close enough to reach that magical end point in, what, 16 days now?
I think I can do it, if only I can continue to give myself permission to write without fixing it as I go.
2 comments:
Sounds like a worthy plan - go for it! And good luck!
Thanks, Angie!
I managed about 1,600 words yesterday, which was about what I hoped for. I figure 1,500 to 2,000 between now at BoucherCon will get me just about there.
I hope!
Post a Comment