Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Allow me to show off...


After reading Julia and Jess talk about Amazon ranking, and then looking at their pages at Amazon, I thought, I wonder if there are any other books called lost dog out there.

So I typed lost dog into the Amazon search field and proceeded to flip out.

So then, pursuant to Julia's question in the entry below (heh, I got to use the word pursuant in a sentence), I fired off an email asking permission to show off my cover since it was sorta out there in public already. (Midnight Ink doesn't like to show the covers too early, but I got to see and drool over it a couple months back, and I showed it to a few friends and my mom). So Barbara Moore, the acquisitions editor at MI (not the Playboy Playmate, apparently) said I could start showing the cover since Amazon was.

And here it is, in all its glory. Except it will be printed on metallic paper, making it even cooler than in looks in JPEG form.

I should have said this earlier, but GIANT KUDOS to the cover designer, Lisa Novak. I am just giddy about it. She did a great job! Thank you, Lisa!

7 comments:

angie said...

Congrats, Bill! That's an awesome cover. Can't wait 'til the book comes out in the spring.

Julia Buckley said...

Hurrah! It's out of the closet! What an awesome cover. It's such a great feeling, isn't it?

Julia

mai wen said...

Awww, how excited! Man, googling yourself, looking your book up on Amazon, you sure like to find yourself on the world wide web, don't ya? :)

Alas, wouldn't we all. All I've ever found was a newspaper article from eons ago that had me in the picture because I was a volunteer at the Flying Pigs Marathon. No book titles nor multiple mes, I guess I have a pretty unique name combo!

Tracy Sharp - Author of the Leah Ryan Series said...

WOW!! I LOVE IT!! Congrats Bill! WOW!

Bill Cameron said...

Thank you, ladies!

anne frasier said...

oh my god!! that's beautiful, bill!!! woooootttt!!!

Gregg Olsen said...

Hi Bill,
This the first time I've seen your cover. I love it! Congrats!