About two weeks ago I started my little Give A Dog A Home For The Holidays Sweepstakes, which might be pushing the definition of "sweepstakes" a bit, but what the hell. It's the holidays!
I'm very pleased to say that response has been quite nice. A trickle of entries has come in over the last ten days or so. On Saturday morning I crossed the 20 entry mark! That makes for some good odds, of course, since I'm giving away 5 full prize packs!
Then Sunday happened and PHWOOM! Over 75 new entries appeared in one day. Gracious!
Don't get me wrong, it's very exciting to get such response, but I'm wondering -- did something get in the water yesterday?
6 comments:
Wow! That's some response. I'd enter...but sadly I live outside the U.S. Boo hoo, boo hoo :(
Well, here's where I am on that. A couple of folks have written that they went ahead and entered from afar, one from Belgium and one from Switzerland, and offered to pay the difference in cost between shipping domestically and internationally. That's cool by me, of course. My plan was to Priority Mail them to U.S. addresses, which for the books is $4.60 U.S. For international, I would probably use the lowest cost parcel or book rate, whatever seemed to apply. When I sent a copy to Canada this fall by parcel rate, it was about $13. I'm not sure what it would be to Belgium, Switzerland, or the UK, but if you're interested, just let me know. I'll be happy to add your name into the hat!
You're on!...mmm, I'll have to don my thinking cap now!!
I was going to say I'm out, but hey, I'll give it a shot. That book cover's been screaming at me for months and I want to get inside it.
Um, what happened on Sunday? Nice to see you blogging again, Bill! Can't wait for word on book 2...
Hey, Ang! Good to see ya!
Yeah, Sunday was the day when the entries in my holiday giveaway asploded! By the end of the day I'd received over 100, as compared to a tad over 20 the previous ten days.
And thank you, Chumplet! I saw your entry. Nice name for your pooch! :D
Post a Comment