About how I did it: The movie is made entirely of still photos that I took of myself. I drew the stars and then combined them with the photos in Photoshop. I edited it in iMovie and added the music to it, which is a song called "No Seas Antipatica" by Juana Molina.
And, yes, I wish it was a little longer too... I actually have a second version of it that I haven't put online that is about 10 seconds longer.
But, I only have so much time. Making this movie took me about 12 hours and there are around a hundred frames that I made individually in Photoshop.
It was sort of experiment to see if this effect would work. Really I should be using After Effects for this sort of thing but I don't have an extra 700 bucks lying around to buy it with!
Sell lots of books & buy your daughter AfterEffects, Bill.
Computers are great, but it still takes a long, long time to make something cool. Thanks for sharing your process - one of these days I'll get around to playing with iMovie. Thank god for Macs!
haha!! heck, that's what i expect people to do. in fact if i hand somebody a cd i usually say feel free to pass it on to somebody you think might enjoy it.
8 comments:
Of course you're bragging & showing off - but yeah, it's tres cool! Wish it had been a leetle longer...
Wanna fill us in on what all she did for the vid? I'm guessing some animation, but who did the video edits & music?
Hey!
Thanks again, daddy, for posting my video!
About how I did it: The movie is made entirely of still photos that I took of myself. I drew the stars and then combined them with the photos in Photoshop. I edited it in iMovie and added the music to it, which is a song called "No Seas Antipatica" by Juana Molina.
And, yes, I wish it was a little longer too... I actually have a second version of it that I haven't put online that is about 10 seconds longer.
But, I only have so much time. Making this movie took me about 12 hours and there are around a hundred frames that I made individually in Photoshop.
It was sort of experiment to see if this effect would work. Really I should be using After Effects for this sort of thing but I don't have an extra 700 bucks lying around to buy it with!
-Bill's daughter
And there's the word from the master herself! Alas, I don't have $700 lying around either!
Sell lots of books & buy your daughter AfterEffects, Bill.
Computers are great, but it still takes a long, long time to make something cool. Thanks for sharing your process - one of these days I'll get around to playing with iMovie. Thank god for Macs!
very, very cool!!!!!
*running off to watch it again*
oh, i spotted the chambermaids cd this time. :D
very cool video. the music was perfect too. such a fantastic mood created with the combination of audio and visual.
You caught me! I iTuned the disc onto my comp, then passed it on to my daughter. "Listen to this, sweetie. I think you'll like 'em!"
I am sooooo busted.
haha!!
heck, that's what i expect people to do. in fact if i hand somebody a cd i usually say feel free to pass it on to somebody you think might enjoy it.
Post a Comment