Y'know, I've been wondering...what exactly does "thinking with my skin" mean? And how do things like eczema, mosquito bites, scratches, etc. fit into that odd little metaphor thingie?
Angie - who tries to think with her brain, but isn't sure she really succeeds all that often.
You know, I have wondered if anyone would ever ask.
It's kind of a play on the word SKIN, which is the nickname of a cop in Lost Dog, as well as the main character of my second novel. His full name is Detective Thomas "Skin" Kadash, with the Skin being a shortening of "Chicken Skin," a nickname he had as a child because of a birthmark on his neck.
The "thinking with" part comes from the way I see blogs. Not that I think they're superficial, but often I think blogs entries are reactions based as much on feelings, even on sensations, as on more developed thoughts. And I think this is a good thing, though something that occasionally can backfire.
I like to be deep and thoughtful (to the extent that I'm able) and I like to read deep and thoughtful. But there is something about the immediate and sensory nature of blogs that I really appreciate. Especially since the good ones are often as not deep and thoughtful as well.
This is why it's good to be the obnoxious kid who asks questions - I'd never have guessed that in a million, billion years. I seriously doubt I'll ever get around to deep and thoughtful blogging, though.
3 comments:
Y'know, I've been wondering...what exactly does "thinking with my skin" mean? And how do things like eczema, mosquito bites, scratches, etc. fit into that odd little metaphor thingie?
Angie - who tries to think with her brain, but isn't sure she really succeeds all that often.
You know, I have wondered if anyone would ever ask.
It's kind of a play on the word SKIN, which is the nickname of a cop in Lost Dog, as well as the main character of my second novel. His full name is Detective Thomas "Skin" Kadash, with the Skin being a shortening of "Chicken Skin," a nickname he had as a child because of a birthmark on his neck.
The "thinking with" part comes from the way I see blogs. Not that I think they're superficial, but often I think blogs entries are reactions based as much on feelings, even on sensations, as on more developed thoughts. And I think this is a good thing, though something that occasionally can backfire.
I like to be deep and thoughtful (to the extent that I'm able) and I like to read deep and thoughtful. But there is something about the immediate and sensory nature of blogs that I really appreciate. Especially since the good ones are often as not deep and thoughtful as well.
This is why it's good to be the obnoxious kid who asks questions - I'd never have guessed that in a million, billion years. I seriously doubt I'll ever get around to deep and thoughtful blogging, though.
Post a Comment