Friday, August 04, 2006

Willamette Writers Conference 2006

This weekend, starting in about an hour as a matter of fact, I will be at the Willamette Writers Conference here in Portland. Three days of classes and workshops, along with some great speakers and a little fun thrown in. I'll get to hear Larry Brooks and Hallie Ephron, and might even bump into Chuck Palahnuik. Even if I don't, I'll drink lots of coffee, hopefully learn some stuff, and have an all around good time.

On Saturday evening, at the Conference banquet, the 2006 Kay Snow Writing Contest winners will be formally announced. They've already been posted at the Willamette Writers website, and I am pleased to say that I've received on Honorable Mention in the Adult Fiction category for an excerpt from my current work-in-progress. I'm very good company, both this year and looking back over the honorees from past years.

I'll leave you with a few pictures I took up at the cabin in the woods a couple weekends back. If I don't get a chance to stop by over this weekend, I'll see you on Monday!









5 comments:

Sandra Ruttan said...

I hope you have a fantastic time and look forward to a full report!

angie said...

Yeah, what Sandra said! And thanks for the pics - love the close-ups.

angie said...

Oh yeah, and congrats on the Honorable Mention. Bodes well for the novel!

Bill Cameron said...

Thank you, ladies!

The first day was wonderful. In addition to inspiring about a million new ideas for my work in progress, I had dinner with Hallie Ephron and Doug Lyle who were both INCREDIBLY friendly and fun to chat with. Doug is an absolute hoot, and Hallie said I could send her an ARC when I have one for a possible review. It was a great day!

And now I am off to sleep, so I am ready for tomorrow!

Bill Cameron said...

I'm back. And semi-awake. I will post about my adventures, including my first ever experience of meeting a total stranger who already knew who I was because they'd heard about my novel (as opposed to knowing who I was because they read about me in the police blotter in the local paper) tomorrow.

For today, I have to catch up on all the stuff I didn't get done due to being gone for three days.