Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good news, everyone!


I am very pleased to announce that Bleak House Books will be publishing Chasing Smoke, with plans for a fall release this year. If you're not familiar with Bleak House, well, you gotta:

A) Check out their marvelous books, including Eric Stone's Ray Sharp books, Jennifer Jordan's fab anthology Expletive Deleted, among so many other great titles by great authors. Edgar nominees and winners, critically-acclaimed authors, and authors of whom I'm simply a huge fan. I can't say enough about what an honor it is to be among so great a lineup of writers.

B) Listen to the Bleak House podcast. Interviews, playful asides, and insight into publishing. If you've got iTunes, just subscribe. Good stuff.

C) Check out any number of print interviews of publisher Ben LeRoy and editor Alison Jannsen. The latest Crimespree, for example, features a conversation with Ben, and Publisher's Weekly recently wrote about Bleak House.

D) Watch this short interview with Alison Jannsen on YouTube.

With so many opportunities to read and hear about Bleak House, and Ben and Alison, I already feel like I know them in some small way. I'm thrilled about the opportunity to work with them and to become a part of the Bleak House lineup.

9 comments:

Mark Combes said...

Bill, you are perfect for Bleak House - I can see why they wanted "Smoke." You are in very good hands my friend!

Ian Beck said...

Congratulations, Bill! I'm really looking forward to reading Chasing Smoke!

Bill Cameron said...

Thanks, fellas. It's a helluva feeling, lemme tell ya.

Akasha Savage. said...

As you already know, I am so so thrilled for you. Can't wait to catch up with Skin Kadash. :D

angie said...

Yay, you! See? 2008 is shaping up to be the year of da Cameron!

anne frasier said...

speaking of smoke! you are smokin'!
what exciting news, bill!!!

anne frasier said...

oh, and i'm smoking too. *snort*

Bill Cameron said...

haha. Babies aren't supposed to smoke! :D

Mindy Tarquini said...

I'm so excited for you, Bill.

Gonna go give you a shout out.